Friday, October 10, 2014

Malala: "I will use my mind"



Malala Yousufzai: the pride of Pakistan, but she can’t go home

Because Islamic fanatics will surely kill her:

A year ago the Guardian sent me to interview Malala in Birmingham, where she still lives, and I asked her why she thought the Taliban felt so threatened by her. At first she laughed. Then she said: “I don’t know, but many people say that they’re afraid of education. They’re afraid of the campaign we’re doing for girls’ rights...I believe it’s my life and it’s my choice how to live it. The Taliban thinks that everyone should be under their control. I am not a slave. I am not their follower...I will use my mind.”

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Rob Anderson said...

The other winner of the Nobel Peace Prize deserves a mention: Kailash Satyarthi, who is doing good work in India.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home